Need help with filing your tax return? Strataego Advies offers a wide range of legal and tax services for expats living in the Netherlands, with a specific focus on expats in the greater Eindhoven area. We provide tailored, independent and professional advice and assistance in legal and tax matters nationally and internationally. And since we are both civil and tax specialists, you can be certain that our legal solution is also the best solution tax-wise. Please feel free to contact us via Whatsapp or call us at +31 (0)40 3041460 or leave us a message via the contact form.

File tax return expat

If you live or work in the Netherlands you will have to pay tax on your income. If you are an employee your employer will already withhold wage tax every month. If the withholding has been too high, or if you have certain deductions, you can claim a refund by filing a tax return. Filing your tax returns annually (and under circumstances also quarterly) can be quite a hassle. It is important to have the correct documents and information ready and to understand the Dutch tax law. Also, the Dutch Tax Authority has not yet translated all information and/or forms into English. This means that it can be quite hard to understand what is being asked from you. Strataego Advies is happy to assist you with filing different kinds of tax returns.

The Dutch tax authority issues five different types of Dutch tax returns forms.

  • P form: Most common tax form for those who are in a regular employment situation and have resided in the Netherlands the entire year.
  • M form: For those who arrived in the Netherlands during the year and became a resident or for those who were a resident and left the Netherlands during the year.
  • C form: For non-residents who have had Dutch-sourced income during the year.
  • W form: For those who have had income from self-employment.
  • F form: For relatives of a deceased person.

Your tax matters handled correctly

Deadline tax return

The tax authorities can invite you to file a tax return if they are aware that you are entitled to a refund. Or if you will have to pay additional tax because you have income which have not been taxed yet. The invitations to file a tax return are normally sent in the first months following the calendar year. The invitation will mention the deadline before which the tax return must be filed. Often the deadline is May 1. If you did not live in the Netherlands the entire year, the deadline is set at a later date. Normally July 1. The deadline can easily be extended. If you don’t receive an invitation, you can still file a tax return. It is possible to file a tax return for the previous 5 years.

Regular Dutch tax return deductions are for example:

  • Mortgage interest deduction
  • Educational costs (also of your children or partner)
  • Charitable giving
  • Alimony
  • Non-compensated health costs

We want to hear more from you!

Contact us now and make sure you don’t miss any tax refund opportunities. Strataego Advies is happy to assist you with your tax return, please contact us via Whatsapp or call us at +31 (0)40 3041460 or leave us a message via the contact form.

Get A Free consultation

 #Gratis eerste advies
 #Financieel advies
 #Fiscaal advies
 #Juridisch advies
 #Notarieel advies
 Betrokken adviseurs, ook buiten reguliere kantoortijden.